Outdoor Sports Outlet. Calver, Derbyshire
Our retail client took possession of this tired limestone building, a 5000sq ft. former factory and most recently a shoe shop, which had seen many modifications and alterations over the years.
BSFM were appointed and successfully handed over in twelve weeks a full managed turnkey fitting service covering all aspects from concept, drawing, planning and building regulations, to installation and completion of all associated works creating a high end retail environment whilst restoring the buildings glory days being sympathetic to the nature of the site and adding modern twists which are in keeping with the character of the building.
BSFM project services included but was not limited to:
- Safe isolation and full strip out of the existing electrical installation to current British Standards BS7671. New electrical installation installed to clients requirements with Full NICEIC initial verification certification issued.
- Full Legionella survey carried out with the existing water systems being removed. Fully compliant water system installed to meet client’s requirements.
- The whole of the building was sand blasted externally.
- Existing partition walls and ceilings removed to reveal the buildings original character.
- Modern energy efficient lighting scheme sympathetically installed.
- Removal of external lean-to building, previously used as a takeaway pizza shop, original entrance to the building reinstated.
- Original vaulted ceiling, hidden by tired suspended ceiling modernised and reinstated.
- Original loading hoist / crane and loading bay doors removed and custom feature window installed. This being parallel to the busy A623 and at the traffic light it was essential that we created a focal point.
- Removal of inefficient wet heating system. New heating and cooling system installed via way of Air Conditioning units.
- Commercial wood effect flooring installation.
- Bespoke Joinery installations.
- Full decoration service.
- Signage and External Lighting installations.